Thursday, November 22, 2007

More Christmas Cards!

I have been on a roll tonight. I at least am inspired to re-create things I have seen. So here are two cards the first is for the confessions of a stamper blog candy challenge. I think I did it right this time and the second is a wreath card using a snowflake stamp set. I loved the look and even though I think it is lopsided my Husband thinks its great!


Stamp Set: CTMH New Fallen Snow
Colors: CTMH: Chocolate, Heavenly Blue, Dutch Blue, Moonstruck, Indian Corn Blue
Embellishments: CTMH: Outdoor Denium Organdy Ribbon, Twilight Sassy Strands, Sparkles Clear, White Embossing Powder
Technique: Embossing Resist (??) Emboss the large snowflakes in white EP, then add the color around the snowflakes lightest to darkest. Stamp a few snowflakes around the embossed ones. Take a hot DRY iron and place the panel between a folded sheet of typing paper and lift the embossing powder off to the typing paper, stamp images in darkest shade of ink around and on the white snowflakes. And that ladies is how I made the focal point of my card.


Stamp Set: New Fallen Snow
Colors: Ponderosa Pine, Cranberry
Embellishments: CTMH Cranberry Grossgrain Ribbon, Sparkles
Technique: Generation Stamping: Take and stamp the snowflake 3 times before reinking in a circle. Make the darkest snowflakes touch to create the circle and the 2nd and 3rd stamping off center a bit to make it look like branches on the wreathe. Stamp the little red dots from the set to look like lights or holly, add sparkles.

3 comments:

Gabby said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining the blog candy challenge!

Diane said...

Those are beautiful Gerriann!! Love the sparkles on the 2nd one!

Marilyn said...

Very pretty cards!! Love those colors together!