So there will not be a Ustream Show tonight. I know many are disappointed however we have to remember why we are creative and what purpose it serves.
I do my weekly Ustream Show on nights when Mr. H goes to Cub Scouts because its quiet in my house and I do not think that it takes away from my family time. (Ok, I am on the computer a bit much but we all are in our house.)
I was so excited when it was shared on Laura's Show and lots were asking when I was on. However this week while my plan was to finish the album it is important for me to be at this event with my family. I will be finishing up the album next week. Then we will do a couple of layouts and move to a mini album using the Buzz and Bumble Close To My Heart Paper Collection. So excited...it has bees and dragonflies!
Here is a photo of Mr. H auction Cake and a layout that finally has photos. The pre-ordered layouts will be ready to mail tomorrow afternoon to those who are interested. Paypal notices will go out too! Enjoy your evening!
Monday, February 4, 2013
Tussy Mussy Swap
Date Due: March 18th, 2012
Swap Type: 1:1
Sign-ups Close: February 12th, 2013 at 12 midnight PST
What is a Tussy Mussy?
History: During the English Gregorian period (1714--1760), pestilence was rampant and indoor plumbing was not. Elegant ladies would often carry small bouquets of fragrant herbs and flowers to fend off noxious odors. Also known as nosegays, remained popular through the Victorian era.
Significance: Tussy mussies came to be used as gifts, especially when a suitor would call on a young lady. Every flower had a meaning, and ladies referred to a book called the "Tussy Dictionary" to decipher the message.
A tussy dictionary is located here:
Features: A traditional Victorian style tussy mussy is arranged with a central flower surrounded by one or two rings of flowers in contrasting colors. The stems are tied with ribbon or held in an ornate silver cone-shaped holder, which is also commonly referred to as a tussy mussy.
1. You must create a Tussy Mussy (The Cone Shaped Holder) which can be a recycled or altered item or made from heavy weight cardstock. Please make sure it is sturdy enough to house the flowers and able to be hung from ribbon or wire without damage.
2. Handmade or Semi-handmade Flowers, leaves and fillers should fill the Tussy Mussy trying to use the language of flowers to convey a hidden message to your swap partner.
3. Create a handmade reveal card with your name and Ustream/Blog information.
4. Partners will be assigned on Feb 18th, 2013 on my weekly Ustream Show. I plan on offering some flower styles and meanings at that class.
5. You will be shipping directly to your swap partner. You are required to obtain delivery confirmation so that all packages can be tracked.
6. We will have a reveal day on March 18th, 2013 where each participate is encourage to make a short video or Ustream show to see the opening of the package. We love to see real life. If you are unable to do a video that is ok, you can still participate but please send us photos, post on facebook, or your blog.
How Do I Sign Up?
Send your name and mailing address to Gerriann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also please include your favorite color combinations.
- Gerriann Armstrong
- Christine Sawvell
- Toni Addison
Friday, February 1, 2013
On my Ustream Class I created this cute Mini Album. I have 3 kits available for purchase. You can email me at email@example.com if you are interested in the kit. The cost is $15 US which includes first class shipping. Let me know what you think!