Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year-USTREAM Class Announcement

Hi everyone and Happy New Year.

This year I made a decision to do what I loved more and worry about the things that I have little or no control over less.  (OK so maybe I wont worry less but I can try).

Since late October I have been on a crafting mission.  I made many gifts for Christmas 2011 out of my paper stash and learned a ton from Laura Denison at http://followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com/ and my projects using her patterns and kits are amazing!  Everyone loved them.

I have also been creating a bit on my own as well.  I have a multi-class workshop that will start at the end of January 2012 creating a 12X12 school year album for PK-12th grade.  It was inspired by my Friend Kara at the last Scrapbook Retreat in Northeastern Washington.  I will have dates, project information, and times posted after I return from our Winter Scrapbook Retreat which is next weekend.

For now I have a project to share that shows how to use the Rock the Block Promotion from Close to My Heart that is available until January 31st, 2012 for $15 with a $25 qualifying purchase on my website: http://gerriannarmstrong.myctmh.com/ or will be available without the exclusive stamp set February 1st, 2012 for $14.95 + tax & shipping.

I was inspired by a blog post from the Graphic 45 Design Team and fell in love with this from Sherry Cheever: http://g45papers.typepad.com/graphic45/2011/12/friday-dec-30th-blog-petaloo-sherry-tara-yuka.html

She made her version out of wood, cutting and sanding, and carving her stand.  I fell in love and knew I could create something similar out of chipboard and the wonderful Wings Paper (Retired-CTMH) that I have had in my stash.  So after some help from my wonderful husband (Thanks Hunny!) I had some dimensions and a plan to start creating the project.  Many who know me know that I am a super fast crafter but this project took me almost a week to get it just the way that I wanted it to be!  So without further ado here is my monthly perpetual calendar:


I will be putting together a class kit for my customers using the brand new Lucy Paper Collection at the End of January which will include a cutting guide and step by step directions-sorry due to CTMH policy:  I am unable to sell the cutting guide and step by step directions without the class kit however this will be my first Live Ustream show on January 29th, 2012 at 1:00 PST at  http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gerriann-s-scrapbooking-show . It will be my very first show so please be kind and patient!  :)

It was super fun to create..yep those are the rock the block blocks...they take color amazingly well and without ink streaking.  The boxes at the bottom are 100% hand made and the letters and numbers are cut out using the Exclusive Art Philosophy Collection.

I will be posting a list of supplies needed to complete this project.

I look forward to hearing from you and having you join me as we create this fun project.

3 comments:

Christina said...

So cute!!

Tamytha said...

This is gorgeous!

Perfect Trim Ruler said...

Good luck in your new endeavors! I love Laura's show and projects too. She is quite an inspiration. I love your blocks. Will you be recording your ustream? I will be at CHA during that time.